To: ALL Ministers, Preachers, Leaders, Officers and Members
From: Circuit Superintendent
Date: April 04, 2020
Greetings and Blessings brothers and sisters in Christ.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, please give attention to the following:
- Worship continues. We will continue making every effort at holding worship as responsibly as possible.
- Please cooperate with the seating arrangements allowing for safe spacing except with households sitting together. Households are asked to sit together which should enable better management of the seat spacing. Congregations should be deliberate in having ushers to guide persons to seats.
- The elderly and those with pre-existing conditions are strongly advised to be mindful of their vulnerability either by being very careful in attendance or choosing not to attend.
- Generally speaking, in light of the recent developments, we encourage all members to limit their movements, visits to supermarkets, banks and other such places as much as is reasonable. Please remember to practice careful hygiene.
- Our office staffing and hours will see some adjustments. Please exercise patience and understanding if there is any inconvenience.
- In the event that you are unable to attend worship, we continue to provide facilities for you to share in the worship experiences. Sunday Services are streamed live from the Kingstown Chapel, 7.00 am, available on the Kingstown Methodist Church YouTube channel. You can also tune in to WeFM 99.9 on Sundays at 9.00am. At our last meeting of the National Council on April 01, we began working towards other technological options for fellowship should the situation necessitate.
- For the Holy Week Services, preachers and congregations should bear in mind that these services can be approached with relative flexibility. Services do not have to be held every day. Whenever services are held, kindly be very deliberate in prayer as we continue to hold our nation and the world at large in prayer. PLEASE pray that our situation will not deteriorate and that God uses us as a unique witness to his grace and mercy.
- Our Preschools will not reopen on Monday April 06 as was previously scheduled.
As you share with those who may be pessimistic, consider our experiences with hurricanes. There are times when all the evidence indicates that a hurricane which hit others will hit us as well and sometimes with stronger force, yet at the last moment, miraculously the hurricane turns away and we are spared. Let us pray that this is again our testimony.
Rev. A. Davis