January 11, 2020
To: Superintendent Ministers
From: Rev. Derick A. Richards – District President
cc: Ministers & Congregations in the South Caribbean District
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ Head of the Church and Saviour of the world.
I trust that the Renewal Covenant was meaningful and life transforming experience for you. I wish for you personally and the congregations in the circuit every blessing for a Spirit filled, purposeful and productive year 2020.
The South Caribbean District Council will convene in the Beautiful island of Barbados from Friday 17th January to Monday 21st January 2020. This will be preceded by the South Caribbean District Ministerial Training Committee on Wednesday, 15th January 2020 and the South Caribbean District Ministerial Council on Thursday, 16th January, 2020. There will also be the Ordination for Rev. Greta St. Hill and Rev. Ann Yard on Sunday, 19th January 2020 at 4.30 p.m. at the Bethel Methodist Church, Bridgetown; Barbados.
The highlights of the South Caribbean District Conference will be:
- The discussion and adoption of the South Caribbean District Education Development Plan 2020 – 2025
- The reviewing of the Faith and Order Statements on Social and Ecclesiastical issues
- The examination of Probationers and of a Candidate to the Ministry
- The Ordination of Rev. Greta St. Hill and Rev. Ann Yard
I am requesting that:
- On Sunday, 12th January, 2020, special prayers be offered, in all churches throughout the District, for the South Caribbean District Council 2020 as we ask God’s guidance upon our proceedings and that God’s will be done throughout our deliberations and decision making.
- Sunday, 19th January 2020 be observed as a Day of Prayer for the South Caribbean District and for our island states within the District.
Derick A. Richards